Happy Monday!! Today is a new Mouthy Monday. Today, I am 24 years old, working on my 25th. I have come to the realization life is hard but it is worth every second of it. The best part of life to me is learning, growing and experiencing. I am incredibly saddened when people think they should have everything figured out by 18. I used to be the person with an imaginary plan and that only lead to me being disappointed. I was disappointed because I honestly felt like a failure when I did not meet my own expectations. These expectations were INCREDIBLY unattainable. I thought at 18 I would be on my own, with a nice paying job, my dream apartment and the best car in the world. NOPE. When I was turned 21 I thought I should have all the aforementioned AND a significant other to marry. NOPE. Although at 24 I did learn something of use. I will never be able to figure everything out. I will never be “perfect.” I will constantly be learning new things. I will be okay. Today, I’m going to share with you 24 things I have learned in 24 years.
2. You do not have to have everything figured out. Your life could change in the blink of an eye and everything will fall into place.
3. Self-love is the most important love.
4. Stand up for what you believe in. If it makes someone else mad, that is fine. Do not wave in your beliefs.
5. Respect other cultures, religions, and ethnicities other than your own. We are ALL human. We are ALL equal. You do NOT get to discriminate against somebody you do not know because of an unnecessary reason. We are all sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Put yourself in another person’s shoes. Think before you speak.
6. Buy fake plants.
7. Making coffee at home will save you a lot of money.
8. Telling your family and friends how much they mean to you does not take a lot of time and could change their whole day.
9. Cook at home. It is way healthier and cheaper.
10. Do not be afraid to work out. Whether it be at home or the gym.
11. Let yourself indulge once in a way, remember moderation is key.
12. Learn to spend time by yourself. Be comfortable in silence.
13. Your significant other should always bring you up, when there are more bad memories than good it is time to walk away.
14. Drink water every single day, hydration is key.
15. Try to read 1-2 books a month. This will help expand your vocabulary and reading is fun!
16. Remember to be present. By this I mean to be in the moment. You do not have to document everything on your phone no matter how tempting it is.
17. Make a few good friends. I have 3 and people like that do not come around very often.
18. Do not be afraid to ask for help. I know it is hard but if you are struggling someone will help.
19. Find a hobby outside of technology. Reading, writing, or art is a great option.
20. Do not be afraid to try new things. Remember you only get to live one life.
21. Do not drink too much alcohol, it is a waste of money. A few drinks are one thing but do not become belligerent. Do not be the drunk fool who takes away another person’s life.
22. You can buy the knock off brand of most things and it will be just as good. Except for cheese. Always buy the good cheese.
23. Tomorrow is not promised.
24. You are loved, even when you do not feel it. I promise. There are people who love, people who will fight for you, and people who care. Never give up. Never give in.